Just a lady drinking her tea.
the SADDEST thing ever in an anime is when the most cool and collected character who always has their poker face on has a huge emotional breakdown and they let all of their emotions out and they’re just screaming and crying like there is nothing more upsetting than that do you understand
Teen Wolf used to be my favorite show. Season One was decent, Season Two was awesome! I shipped Sterek and Halemore. But since the first two season, I feel the show has steadily gotten worse. And I know I’m not the only one that feels that way.
Jackson and Erica were my favourite characters, they brought something unique to the show. Instead we had Jennifer & Kira, who did a version of the socially awkward thing that Stiles does. Kira is also the new dark haired girl with weapons, replacing Allison. And don’t get me started on how similar Liam is to Jackson.
Jeff Davis gave us Danny & Ethan as a new pretty distraction from Sterek and Jackson leaving. Look - abs! It was more than fine to use the Sterek shippers for the Teen Choice Award, baiting us with this video - yet apparently Sterek isn’t good enough for the actual show. To non-sterek shippers, this is the crux of the issue with Jeff Davis & Co; they use the sterek fanbase when it suits them to win polls & etc but then speak badly of sterek/no intention of putting in the show. Queerbaiting, that the main issue here.
I can forgive bad acting, cheesey dialogue, even cliches like ‘asian girl fighting with nun-chucks’, and get past ships I don’t like. I can’t forgive unoriginality, show lore being inconsistent, or treating the viewers like they are idiots. I used to really love this show, and it just seems it’s being ruined by Jeff Davis’s arrogance. Why can’t he listen to what the fanbase wants, like more Danny? Why can’t he develop core characters, like Lydia? Why can’t he stick to one thing, rather than pillaging from random cultures each season?
Something isn’t working behind the scenes either - why else would so many actors leave? Other shows have no problem keeping main cast members. Something smells of bad management here.anon (via ultrateenwolfconfessions)
Anonymous said: Do you know any sterek fics where one of them owns the other like as a pet or something? Or even as a human/werewolf slave?
Here are some great fics where Derek is not a dog, but Stiles thinks he is (although “owns the other” probably doesn’t apply here):
- What I Did On My Summer Vacation by grimm (E, 119k) There’s something weird about Beacon Hills that Stiles can’t quite put his finger on. The way everyone in town knows his name the day he arrives. The way they insist the melancholic howling that echoes through the forest every night is just a dog. The way his dad denies getting a dog, even though Stiles comes home to find one sprawled across his bed, some big black thing whose eyes gleam red in the right light. The way that massive oak tree out in the woods vibrates under his touch, pulsing with sickly life. There’s something weird going on in this town, and Stiles is determined to get to the bottom of it.
- The Wolf That Heard Crying by grimm (E, 18k) There was someone in Derek’s house. He was on his way back from a hunt, licking blood from his muzzle when he heard the sound of smashing wood coming from inside. Derek snarled quietly, leaping up onto the back deck without a sound. He paused in the doorway to the living room, eyes burning red in the dim light. The boy whacking the wall with a moldy piece of timber was different than the ones who had come before. He wasn’t laughing, wasn’t enjoying himself as pieces of rotten flew from both the wall and the wood in his hands. He smelled of sadness and desperation and anger, and when the piece of wood in his hands finally splintered the boy sank to his knees and cried.
- Actual Puppy Derek Hale by tylerfucklin (T, 18k) Derek didn’t know what was worse: the hunters, being trapped as a wolf, being hit by a car, or the fact that he had somehow become some kid’s pet dog for the unforeseeable future.
- The Importance of Turning Around Three Times Before Lying Down by Otter (M, 31k) It’s like this dog has walked out of all of Stiles’ childhood dreams and into the real world just because Stiles wanted it hard enough. He is the most awesome dog ever, and he and Stiles have a bond. A deep, unbreakable bond because this animal is his soul mate, obviously. Now he just has to convince the dog of that.
- Actual Wolf Derek Hale by lovelornwolf (E, 61k) Stiles is almost done with the bottle of whiskey when the dog wanders—limps—out of the woods towards him.
- The Dog Prince by JenNova (G, 2k) The puppy shows up outside Stiles’ back door on the first day of his last summer in Beacon Hills. It’s probably the cutest dog he’s ever seen, wolfish enough that it must be a Husky mix of some kind, and when it tilts its head at him his heart melts. He’d be embarrassed by that but, seriously, cutest puppy ever.
Slavery AU recs: